Location: Salem, NH
The Shipper and Receiver will perform and/or supervise general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment. Manage verification, acceptance, counting, and inputting into WMS system of all incoming goods and their condition.
This position has varying hours according to operational business needs, to include occasional work on both evenings and weekends as required.
• Ship and receive all parts and materials as required,
• Update status of inbound and outbound orders in ERP system,
• Contact carrier representative to obtain quotes, make arrangements, and to issue documentations and instructions for shipping and delivery of materials,
• Coordinate packing and shipping of all goods, including assembling packages, weighing them, and tracking costs,
• Resolve discrepancies between orders and goods, such as delays, condition, weight, quality, etc.
• Maintain inventory of incoming, stored, and outgoing goods, as well as current space available,
• Update compliance policies around weight, quality, and timeliness for shipping and receiving,
• Order shipping supplies as required,
• Perform general housekeeping tasks within the shipping & receiving area,
• Perform general duties and assist production team as required.
• Post-Secondary Education degree is preferred,
• 5 years of shipping and receiving experience,
• Extensive knowledge of major couriers – FedEx, Purolator, UPS, etc. including how to operate their respective software packages,
• Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) is a must,
• High attention to detail essential with ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a busy environment,
• High attention to internal and external customer needs,
• Experience with preparing international shipments including customs documents is an Asset
• Candidate must be based in USA
• Salary is $13.00 to $15.00 per hour